Humber Maritime College Cadetships
We are the UK’s newest Merchant Navy maritime college.
We are based on the River Humber in North East Lincolnshire, our aim is to be recognised as a leading maritime college which brings new ideas and innovation to the training of Merchant Navy Cadets.
We offer two pathways, the Engineering Cadetship and the Navigation Cadetship. Both of these pathways are fully sponsored by employers which means you gain your university-level qualification without the worry of fees. You will also earn while you are learning, which is a great opportunity for those aiming to become a navigation or engineering officer in the Merchant Navy.
The Merchant Navy is the international commercial shipping industry, transporting both cargo and people to destinations worldwide. It is made up of a large number of shipping companies which use a variety of vessels such as cargo ships, tankers, cruise liners, passenger vessels, offshore and support vessels.
Working at sea can be adventurous and challenging. It is not your usual nine-five career, so to work in the industry cadets must be skilled and motivated. There are many opportunities for qualified officers to work onshore within the maritime industry.
For more information on our cadetships click the links below.
There are many benefits for cadets, both during training and once qualified. While training with Humber Maritime College cadets will benefit from the following:
- Fully-sponsored officer cadet programme
- A unique, challenging and rewarding career
- Earning a wage/training allowance while training at college and at sea
- Training using leading-edge simulators
- Gain seafaring and life skills
- Career progression
- Access to all our facilities at the Grimsby Institute, including research facilities, sports centre and gym and refectory
- Cadets will stay at our halls of residence during phase 1 and can opt to stay in halls during the other college phases
- Both pathways lead to a well-paid international career in the Merchant Navy.