The Careers Service team at Grimsby Institute is here to assist you in making informed decisions and to help you plan the next steps towards your future goals. Our Careers Advisors can provide you with the information, advice and guidance you need when applying to work, college, university or for an apprenticeship.
We provide a high quality, confidential and impartial guidance service. This is freely available to current students and potential students of any age thinking of attending Grimsby Institute. Alumni also access the careers service on request.
We hold the Humber LEP Employability Passport and we have Matrix accreditation. Ofsted recognised that ‘Information, advice and guidance are excellent’ in their most recent inspection.
Parents/carers – we can offer you information that may help you support your dependants, for example information about progression pathways or labour market information. Please contact us if we can be of assistance.
Employers – please contact us if you would like more information about our services, how we can collaborate around careers information, advice and guidance or if you would like to be referred to our excellent Skills and Employability Team.
Skegness TEC provides:
- A stable and structured careers programme, aligned to the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Access to high quality advice about future study options and Labour Market Information (LMI).
- A range of activities to enable you to develop your employability skills by meeting with employers and learning about the world of work, as well as experiences of the work place.
- A range of opportunities to meet future providers of further, higher and post-graduate education, apprenticeships and training.
- The opportunity for one-to-one guidance meetings with a professional Careers Adviser, that are both impartial and confidential.
- A dedicated Careers Leader, Tamarra Taylor, Executive Director of Learner Services.